[CQ-Contest] Announcing the North America SSB Sprint-boycott from "MAR"

Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Jan 23 16:34:29 EST 2015

This is no slight to the fine fellows of the Sprint, nor my many FB friends
in "contesting land",

but please read my comments re: "MAR".(found in your rules).my opinions are
those of most of the members of MCC, so

although I won't officially speak "for them", you can rest assured most of
them feel the same way.

I have now rec'd 3 direct emails re: the Sprints, so feel I can comment
publicly on this as I am being targeted to get on and be active.

==================

Bob/Chris/Dean et al, VE9=NB, VE1=NS, and VY2=PEI.has been since 1993.there
is no such thing as a Maritime contest section except in the minds of the
ARRL for Sweepstakes and evidently the NA Sprints. (all others allow
provinces)

Even in our own RAC contests, we are allowed to use our respective
provinces.

You may wonder why participation in (All) Sprints is so extremely low from
(ahem) what you call "MAR"...now you know.  Participation is historically
low for any contest which forces us to use an arbitrary multiplier lumping 3
official provinces together.  I know, I have checked.

Please change the rules to reflect what 98% of other contests allow
(everyone to send their own province) and I will bet you a cold 807 activity
levels will go up.  I myself will make it a point to get on for every one.

With respect, but I will be boycotting this contest (and all Sprints), ARRL
SS and the CaQP probably forever until it changes.

Mike VE9AA

p.s.- As promised, I passed the message along to the MCC group, but you can
realistically expect a low turnout - sorry.

p.p.s- I mean, you wouldn't expect a section to be created that combined RI,
DE and ME and call it RIDE ME, now would you?  Who would want to compete in
that?

p.p.p.s-My other option is to get on, participate and send "NB" but that's
just being evil.  I don'\t want to mess up everyones logs, I just want
fairness across the board.

Mike dit dit