[CQ-Contest] Announcing the North America SSB Sprint-boycott from "MAR"

Paul Stoetzer n8hm at arrl.net
Fri Jan 23 20:01:38 EST 2015

This contest doesn't use sections as multipliers. It just randomly combines
a couple of the Canadian areas. Plus it lumps DC in with Maryland.

"Scoring: Multiply total valid contacts by the sum of the US states,
Canadian multipliers (see below), and other North American countries to get
final score (do not count US and Canada as countries). The District of
Columbia counts as Maryland. KH6 DOES count as a state in this contest,
even though it is not a North American country. The eight Canadian
multipliers are Maritime (VE1, VE9, VO1, VO2, and VY2); VE2 through VE7,
and Yukon-Northern Territories (VY1, VYØ, and VE8). Non-North American
countries do not count as multipliers but do count for
contact credit for North American stations."

This is overly complex and doesn't make much sense. Sweepstakes' use of
sections (including MAR and MDC) is consistent and logical. This is not
(and neither is NAQP's lumping of DC in with Maryland).

73,

Paul, N8HM