[CQ-Contest] Announcing the North America SSB Sprint-boycott from "MAR"

Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Sat Jan 24 16:12:58 EST 2015

Thank you Ken.  You yourself are in a very unique situation having big
stations in W6 and also VY2...so you can perhaps relate best from both sides
of the equation.

I have heard from the great guys of the SSB Sprint and for certain they see
our side perhaps as well or better than anyone, them all being active
contesters.

It's a holdover from some old SSB SPRINT rules that were never really
brought to light before I guess.  Grouping VO1, VO2, VE1, VE9 and VY2 to
become MAR makes no more sense to me than grouping all of W0, or W7...who

would want that?  I think they see that.  I am elated to have an open
dialogue with them and my inbox is full from others supporting our cause.

I am hearing encouraging noises from them, so in time we'll see if we get to
play like everyone else, or not.

Fingers crossed.

Please keep those comments of support coming !

Mike VE9AA "NB"

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB