[CQ-Contest] Azden HS-03

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Jan 31 16:25:47 EST 2015

It is even more unfortunate that Heil is no longer manufacturing the HC-4
element.

John KK9A

To:	cq-contest at contesting.com
Subject:	[CQ-Contest] Azden HS-03
From:	Masa Miura <masa.miura.aj3m at gmail.com>
Date:	Sat, 31 Jan 2015 13:43:45 -0500

Some of you may be still using Azden's HS-03 boom mic/headset. I remember
that John Devoldere, ON4UN, mentioned this headset in his book "Low-Band
DXing." I replaced the mic element with a Heil HC4 element and it has been
one of my favorite headsets.

As one of the supports has been broken, I recently contacted Azden USA to
ask if they can repair my HS-03. They no longer carry parts for it and won't
be able to perform any repairs. It is unfortunate that Azden is not making
headphones any longer.

73,

Masa, AJ3M