[CQ-Contest] [ ESLGaming.com ] "ESL leads anti-PED initiative for esports with the support of NADA"

Steve Sacco NN4X nn4x at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 24 09:21:46 EDT 2015

So, the parallel between electronic gaming and our own radiosport is
something I find fascinating, because, let's face it, WE are the
original "electronic gaming".

I saw this posted today, and thought I'd share; perhaps it foreshadows
the Next Step in radiosport?

"The popularity and visibility of esports has grown exponentially in
recent years, but this combined with the increasing size of prize pools
has also made the temptation of rule-breaking even greater.

As the world’s largest and oldest esports organization, ESL has an
ongoing commitment to safeguarding both the integrity of our
competitions and that of esports as a whole - we wish to ensure we can
provide a fair playing field for all participating players.

With this in mind, today we are announcing the beginning of the steps
we’ll be taking as an organization in order to determine enforce
guidelines and rules surrounding the use of performance enhancing drugs
(PEDs) at ESL events."

[ / SNIP ]

[ FULL ARTICLE ]
http://www.eslgaming.com/news/esl-leads-anti-ped-initiative-esports-support-nada-2170