[CQ-Contest] Rules for CQ WW DX Contest 2015
Randy Thompson K5ZD
k5zd at charter.net
Sat Jun 6 09:52:10 EDT 2015
The final rules for the CQ WW DX Contest 2015 have been announced.
Summary of changes:
* QSO Alerting Assistance has been renamed to QSO Finding Assistance. It
was felt this is a more descriptive name and is easier for non-English
speakers to understand.
* Minor edits to the definition of the Overlay Category. Clarification that
Assisted entries are not eligible for the Classic Overlay category.
* Extended the club circle from 175 miles to 250 miles for USA clubs, and
from 275 km to 400 km for DX clubs. The goal is to enable more club
* Changed the definition of QSO Finding Assistance. If the technology only
provides callsign or multiplier information it is considered assistance.
Added rule to specify that use of a CW decoder places an entrant in the
* Remote stations must use a call sign permitted by the authorities at the
* Top scorers are required to submit logs with actual frequencies.
* A new rule requires single operator entrants competing at the World,
Continent or USA levels to record the contest as heard by the operator. The
Committee may request the audio recordings of an operation to help
adjudicate the log.
A pdf file showing all of the changes is available from the link above.
Please review the rule changes carefully. Send any questions to
questions at cqww.com.
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and suggestions on the draft rule
changes. Your input was very helpful.
Randy Thompson, K5ZD
Director - CQ WW DX Contest
email: k5zd at cqww.com
More information about the CQ-Contest