[CQ-Contest] Audio Recording

Jukka Klemola jpklemola at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:19:19 EDT 2015

Audacity setup is easy .. or was easy for me.

I soldered a twin/stereo cable with some 470 ohm or so series resistors
from headphones to that extra computer sound card line in.

I use an old and slow computer for recording the audios.
It is a cheaper solution than any discrete audio recorder.

My reason for that was if the logging computer gets any glitch, the
recording just continues and I do not need to think/worry about it.
Other reason was I have my mic wired through logging computer sound card
and I did not want anything extra on that computer handling my mic audios.

I can run for example a gray line software on that older computer in
addition to the recording software.

73,
Jukka OH6LI