[CQ-Contest] Field Day SO2R

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Tue Jun 16 14:51:06 EDT 2015

" A co uple of years ago, someone put an idiotic rule into FD which says no "octopus" can be used at FD "

A little fact checking is in order...

That rule has been in place for at least forty five years! See the rules for the
1970 Field Day. The rule was put in place because of the use of octupuses
by at least one entrant in the 1A category.

http://www.arrl.org/arrl-periodicals-archive-search

73
Frank
W3LPL