[CQ-Contest] Logging Programs

Radio K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:02:25 EDT 2015

I think most of us tend to stick with who brought us to the dance.

Back in the 80's My first "real" contest logger was CT.  Being a DOS application the workflow was keyboard-centric, and I developed "instincts" and mind/muscle operating habits which persisted after Windows chased DOS over the cliff.

New Windows programs which were rodent-centric were non-starters for those of us skilled in CT (or TR or NA).

So I went from CT to Writelog because Writelog allowed me to transition to Windows while preserving the same workflow/user interface skills that I'd acquired "growing up" with CT.  I've recently transitioned to N1MM+ for the same reason, and because it didn't require a periodic upgrade payment to stay current.

Is (N3JFP) (or whatever) better?  Could be, for you.  But I don't care.

__73, de Hans, K0HB

"Just a Boy and His Radio"™