[CQ-Contest] Posting Scores

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Mar 22 16:15:21 EDT 2015

I'm really surprised at the response to this.  I don't think that's what
Rick meant by his post.

In my note to rick, part of which he quoted, I offered a few reasons why
I thought the cqcontest.net site (formerly cqcontest.ru) had not yet
found wide acceptance among US hams, mostly with their roots in the site
and its administration.  This is nothing new, though.  I've been
advocating on-line scoreboards for 7 or 8 years now,  and have watched
two previous efforts founder because their owners couldn't (or anyway
didn't) support them.  I'm hoping now that the Russian proprietors will
stick with it, improve their ghastly user interface, and continue to
offer this service while we get over our reticence.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.