[CQ-Contest] FTDX5000 Firmware Upgrade

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Mar 23 17:30:52 EDT 2015

Thanks to neighbor N6TA, I've been able to measure the occupied
bandwidth of the Yaesu FTDX5000 before and after implementation of
Yaesu's September 2014 firmware upgrade. The results of the upgrade are
quite positive -- the original FTDX5000 tested by ARRL Labs was pretty
awful, close to the worst of all modern rigs. My measurements are
documented in the link below. If you own one of these rigs, you owe it
to your neighbors to do the upgrade. It's still nowhere near as clean as
a K3, but it's a lot less awful. :)

k9yc.com/FTDX5000_Report.pdf

73, Jim K9YC