[CQ-Contest] Posting Scores

Jukka Klemola jpklemola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:40:37 EDT 2015

> On 03/30/2015 11:34 PM, Jukka Klemola wrote:
>
>> TRLOG with DOS handles paddle real well through parallel connector.
>> WinXP with GHz processor and whatever SW does not.
>> Win7 or more "modern" .. sigh.
>>

> Since modern laptop computers don't even have parallel (LPT) ports, it's a
> moot point.
>
>  Jim selects the technologies he uses.
>>
>> No need to rush into things that do not work.
>>

> You and Jim can continue to enjoy time in your local junk yard, looking
> for 386 and 486 desktop computers that still work.
>
> 73,
> Steve, N2IC

I do not know about Jim, but I have a GHz Pentium with DOS 6.22.

It boots up in less than a second !
When operating, it does not crash.

I selected that technology when I tried some Win95.

No.
I ain't selling any of my most reliable computers.
For connectivity, on the same hard disc there is Win XP that supports USB
connectors on those equipment.

Yes.
I still have a decent pile of 1.44MB discs.

For laptops, I have a bunch of Lenovo laptops with docking station.
Those support parallel port real well.

73,
Jukka OH6LI