[CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 Results

Oliver Dröse droese at necg.de
Tue May 5 13:50:56 EDT 2015

Good to see the committee is finally taking actions.

But sad to see no one got DQ'ed for having too wide a signal. :-(
Obviously reporting them with exact times and frequencies is not enough
to check them on an SDR? At least UA5B (2 kHz wide on a K3 with 400 Hz
roofing filter enabled) was caught, albeit for a different reason. And
UA4M (4 kHz wide on Saturday and 9 kHz !!! on Sunday) at least got a
warning, but again for a different reason.

I asked this question already before but will gladly repeat it: What is
needed for the contest committee to take actions on too wide signals?
How can the community assist?

73, Olli - DH8BQA

Contest, DX & radio projects: http://www.dh8bqa.de