[CQ-Contest] multi "one" class

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:06:04 EDT 2015

Most contests are written to favor the writers of the rules, surprise!
ARRL contests are for Americans, for example.

I dare say the largest category of contest participation now and for the
future will be two OLD guys getting together at one of their shack where
they operate
ONE radio, one amp, one set of antennas, no use of remote stations nor
remote receivers, but do use computer logging, unassisted.

Too bad those fellows did not write the rules.  Another reason to just
ignore the contests per se, have fun, and dump the log only into LOTW.
73, Charly

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Bob Schreibmaier <k3ph at ptd.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the multi-single class is the
> class available for "guys like us."  That's the
> situation that W3MF/K3PH are in: one radio,
> one amplifier, one set of antennas, one computer.
> Still, if you get enough time in the chair, it's
> possible to be reasonably competitive.  W3MF M/S
> finished 10th in USA in CQWW SSB and K3PH finished
> 6th in USA on CW.  Chair time was about 40 hours
> on phone and about 43 on CW.
>
> I suspect there are a lot of us in this situation.
>
> 73,
> Bob
> K3PH
>
> >Hi I still haven't managed to put a multiplier-hunting station on yet
> >for M1 class, so hearing about using yet a third station for run-band >S&P
> work was really an eye-opener for me. Plus a couple of other rxs >hunting
> mults on yet other bands I guess. I'm so naive but I admire >and salute the
> technology and operating skills required to pull all >this off so more
> power to em if it's within the rules.
> >
> >Is there a "classic" boys-taking-turns-on-just-the-one-radio class?
>
> --

Charly, HS0ZCW