[CQ-Contest] 40 Meters SSB

Oliver Dröse droese at necg.de
Thu May 7 17:13:15 EDT 2015

Albert,

 > The software should be progrmmed to catch this nonsense because the logs
 > of both stations should reflect the transmitting frequency. If the
USA station's
 > log does not reflect the correct transmitting frequency, then the log
should be
 > considered a check log. In this age of ham radio software being free
or at a very
 > low cost, there is no reasonable excuse for not indicating the
transmit frequency.

While the idea might be okay I have yet to see one contest software that
is writing the transmit frequency into the Cabrillo file. All I know put
the receive frequency in it.
And I sure hope I will not get DQ'ed one time because there is a 7215
frequency marked in my Cabrillo when I was working TO5A on split while
you listened (and I transmitted) on 7075 or the like. ;-)

 > The few hand written logs that are  submitted should   require the
transmitting
 > frequency. Anybody submitting a hand written log and cheats doing so

Seriously?

73, Olli - DH8BQA