[CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A.

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Thu May 7 18:38:17 EDT 2015

Hi Steve,

I've looked fairly carefully at the TO7A log.

The operator is expertly interweaving QSOs using dueling CQs on two bands
almost the entire contest. There are a few short successful mult passes
where there appears to be no CQing. There are some instances of very juicy
mults appearing over fairly large swaths of frequencies in short time
periods that do raise questions. There are other periods that I feel don't
quite fall into that category, but others might have a differing opinion. I
have enumerated the ones I find might have drawn the attention of the CQWW
Committee and influenced their decision to issue a DQ.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:  What I view as potentially questionable does not
equate to DEFINITIVE evidence of assistance. It could be the results of a
great operator.

At 0708 - 0710 there are three mults on 80m while running high rate on
another band.

At 0727 - 0740 there are a lot of mults on 40m while running high rate on
another band.

At 0934 - 0938 there are a couple of mults while running high rate on
another band.

At 1013 - 1014 there are two mults on 15m 26 khz apart that make you wonder
if you can tune that fast in S&P, but it is early and there aren't many
signals on the band. Maybe it was professional use of a bandscope.

At 1403 - 1411 there are 7 mults on 10m stretched over 50 khz. Tuning 50 khz
while working 7 QSOs on the run frequency in 9 minutes is impressive. Maybe
it was professional use of a bandscope.

At 1847 - 1850 there are 3 mults on 10m over 30 khz while running on 15m.
Maybe it was professional use of a bandscope.

At 0903 - 0913 there is an instance of jumping off a 40m CQ frequency,
working a mult 12 khz away and jumping back to the CQ frequency within 3
minutes while working an additional 3 mults on 80m.

Again, these are simply my observations. As Steve, N2IC stated, you view the
log and draw your own conclusions.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT