[CQ-Contest] TO7A debacle

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Sat May 9 19:08:58 EDT 2015

> On 5/9/2015 12:11 PM, Lloyd Cabral wrote:
>

> After following this thread, my only wish is that Randy would have inquired here for another e-mail address
> for Dim, or another source of contact with him BEFORE bringing this issue mainstream.      Accusations as
> serious as this should first be handled privately with the accused given a fair chance to defend himself.
> Stan K5GO hit the nail on the head with his previous post.    IMHO, taking Dim's case public right off seemed
> premature, unprofessional and totally unnecessary.
>           Lloyd  KH6LC

> On May 9, 2015, at 3:15 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu at w0mu.com> wrote:
>
> The guy got caught red handed and you people want to hang those that caught him.

Mike,

I wish you had told everyone you had information showing or even saying he got caught red handed a long time ago.   Do you have some information that says he was caught "red handed"?

Everyone else is reading what has been written and the email posted on the reflector says that the committee had a "belief" that he was using assistance and substantiated the fact that it was a "belief" by asking him to provide a recording (not required in the rules) in order to further evaluate the situation.  However, even in that email, the bottom line and last sentence, after what would appear to be an attempt to communicate some hope that there would be further evaluation, said emphatically and in no uncertain terms that he was disqualified for 2014 but welcome to enter in 2015.

I am not making any assumption this process is as cut and dried as you would like it to be.

73...Stan, K5GO