[CQ-Contest] Q-Signals for Contesting

Ken Low kenke3x at gmail.com
Mon May 11 19:33:59 EDT 2015

>> QCS?  Q - Crappy Signal ?      Other suggestions?
>> 73  -  Jim  K8MR

Jim -

The answer is simple:   The Contest Committee needs to start DQ'ing participants based on crappy CW signals - only then will the behavior change.

I assume when that happens, the Committee will publish quantitative criteria and digital recordings to back it up.   That will minimize the complaining afterwards.

Kudos to Randy and the CQWW Committee for finally having the balls to finally list disqualifications in a public manner.   It's about time.

Interestingly, over the last week I have read numerous posts from US contesters questioning the rationale for the TO7A disqualification.   These appear to be many of the same ops who have historically argued for keeping the SOAB and SOAB(A) categories separate.

I would keep in mind the easiest solution to the 'illegal Assistance' problem is to simple collapse the SOAB and SOAB (U) categories together.  Is that what you guys really want?   If not, I suggest you let the Committee do its job and offer them your full support.

73,

Ken KE3X