[CQ-Contest] Donated ham radio in Nepal emergency com

Charles Henry k4vud at hotmail.com
Thu May 14 09:06:28 EDT 2015

I got an email from friend Jose, VU2JOS, today showing photos of a ham transceiver donated to those folks now handling Nepal emergency communications........ BUT I carried the radio "over there" about TEN YEARS AGO to complete the donation.
Now, it is doing the vital work.   Thanks to generous hams who so often silently make donations at any time just seem to be helpful to hams, but now that kind of generosity is coming back to serve ham radio's highest purpose, disaster communication.
This message should go to the DX community but I am regularly banned from many reflectors.  If someone could carry my message to a wider ham readership, I will appreciate it.
73, Charly HS0ZCW