[CQ-Contest] What am I to think?

w5gn at mxg.com w5gn at mxg.com
Sat May 16 17:02:24 EDT 2015

I really don't have enough information but from my
experience, about 30 QSOs per hour are pretty normal
for a non-powerful station when you are Searching/Pouncing
on stations, when you do NOT use internet spotting.

A station USING spots, in S&P mode can easily hit
100 Q/hr with a good station, and certainly 60 per
hour with a fairly good station.

But to make rate, you really need to RUN, i.e., call
CQ and make contacts, IF you can find a clear spot
and have a fairly good station.

Any of those above differences between your station
and his could easily account for the difference.

As just an aside, on 10 Meters, stations in South
Texas work MANY stations that we can't hear,
150 miles away.

73

Barry W5GN