[CQ-Contest] [WRTC2018] Standings now contain also ARRL-DX-CW

k1zm--- via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Wed May 20 05:59:30 EDT 2015

Hi Folks

Thank you for the update on the WRTC 2018 standings.

Is it possible for you to add one more category to this ranking?

I recommend WORLD ranking - eg: total points for each qualifier based on their standings overall in the WORLD/

Why?

DL1QQ mentioned to me at Dayton that perhaps TL's at WRTC 2018 MAY be given the choice of WRTC sites - rather than doing it by lotery.

If this were to be done - one GREAT WAY to do the choices of operating sites at WRTC 2018 would be based on WORLD ranking. - eg: total points for a qualifying TL based on his/her WORLD ranking. The highest world ranking would have the FIRST CHOICE OF an operating SITE, Nr2 in the world would choose his site next und so weiter.....This makes alot of sense to me...

Marek SQ2GXO had this capability in WRTC 2014 standings for the last WRTC standings and it was very useful to know how you personally ranked on an overall WORLD basis - in addition to COUNTRY and AREA ranking.

This would be an easy addition to the STANDINGS on your WRTC 2018 site.

Thank you for your consideration.

73 JEFF BRIGGS, VY2ZM - NA#7

Prince Edward Island, CANADA
Email:  K1ZM at aol.com