[CQ-Contest] Leading zeroes

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Thu May 21 13:07:30 EDT 2015

One quick observation:  Speaking from past experience, when I've jumped in mid-way/late in a contest with a serial number exchange, I have received fewer "?" responses when sending leading T's than when sending just a one- or two-digit number.

I think it goes along with the common-sense rule: send what the other side expects to receive.   If they're expecting a three-digit number (because just about everybody is past 100), send a three digit number.

Michael Adams | N1EN | mda at n1en.org