[CQ-Contest] Proposed rules changes

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Thu May 21 21:32:21 EDT 2015

"Diddly-squat"

That's how much resources are required to record a contest.

http://www.hamradiomap.com/qsorder/

QSORecorder works with N1MM, and records the content of every completed QSO
-- storing
an MP3 or WAV file with the file name YOUR_CALL_THEIR_CALL_BAND _DATE_TIME.

It runs completely separately from N1MM; it uses broadcast UDP to convey
the info, so does not interfere with operation.
It works with regular or plus.

When K2LE and I did P40LE in ARRL DX CW this year, I recorded the entire
contest.  I did not even notice the disk usage,
though I only had about 20 GB free on my disk.

So, for anyone who can put together a station for a Top-10 effort,
Implementing recording should be an easy task.

73, Gerry
W1VE