[CQ-Contest] recording

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at voyackey.net
Thu May 21 21:43:22 EDT 2015

For those who are worrying about long time recording with your PC, try IC
recorder.  I've recorded most of my contest operations for years including
WRTC 2014.  Olympus provides suitable recorders.  For example,

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/audio/digital-recorders/vn-721.html

Please confirm if it's capable of continuous recording of whole 48 hours
from the perspective of battery and built-in memory capacity before you get.

I've been using voice trek V85, which was sold only in Japan but already
discontinued.  I need to use external power(four paralleled AAs) for this
to utilize whole 48 hours.  The line input is used for recording with a
handmade level controller by using a simple pot with an isolation transformer
for both channel(L/R) in front of it.  And the input is simply paralled to
phones.
--
Katsuhiro 'Don' Kondou, JH5GHM