[CQ-Contest] Proposed rule changes

Dick Green WC1M wc1m73 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 17:47:53 EDT 2015

The preview of revisions is here:

http://cqww.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/cqww_rules_2015_draft1.pdf

The rule says no “Correction” of logged entries. Converting the log to another format isn’t the same as correcting the log. Heck, when you tell the log program to output the log in Cabrillo format, it does a conversion from its internal format. Converting from paper to electronic is similar, though you are making additions. IMHO, additional entries are not the same as corrections to existing entries. So I think you would be OK entering the paper portion of your log after the contest, as long as you don’t make any corrections to the paper or electronic log. Again, it’s not a change in the information, just a format conversion.

If you were worried about it, you could print off the electronic log, add the paper log pages, and mail them to CQ. The rules say they still accept paper logs.

73, Dick WC1M