[CQ-Contest] Proposed rule changes

XV4Y (Yan) xv4y at nature-mekong.com
Sun May 24 19:15:12 EDT 2015

Hi Kelly,

I think your example (while being picturesque) is wrong.
What the rule want is you to log what has been exchanged.
In that case you corrected the informations through a radio contact and you did it during the contest time frame.
The same goes for "Dupes" which are not penalized because they are a correction of a previous QSO. The penalty in a case of a dupe is that you both lose time.

Remember we're trying to tell which operator is the most skilled operator among the contesters.
Who is the best operator ?
- The one who get the callsign and exchange right from the beginning and typed it down correctly ?
- The one who get it almost right but needed time to think about it twice and correct it in his log ?
I don't see why the second type of operator should be allowed to have additional time after the contest.

You can argue that we're now putting "computer typist" in the required skills to be a good operator.
Yes, that's right. We're in 2015, and a computer is required thing to be a competitive operator :just like a paddle and keyer set.
If you want to have fun with a straight key and without computer : you can enter the "classic operator" category.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y