[CQ-Contest] Second Draft of CQ WW Rules Changes

Bill Conwell bill at conwellpdx.com
Mon May 25 11:41:48 EDT 2015

I offer my opinions on Draft #2 of the Rules Changes, which I offer without
denigrating those who hold different opinions.

I like the revisions.  We're all venturing into the future without
certainty.  If any of the changes proves to be ill-advised, I trust such
kink will be worked-out in due course.

I like the clarification that use of CW decoder is permitted in the Assisted
class.

I particularly like the re-revision of IX(9), which no longer prohibits
correction of the log during the contest (but after the QSO).

I read the first draft proposal about providing a complete recording of the
contest *at the request of the Committee* to mean the request was made
before the contest (just like the request to host an observer).  Others
construed it as a mandate imposed after the fact.  A rule that more clearly
expressed the former meaning would seem like a helpful tool for the
Committee to have.  Maybe that topic can be re-visited at a later date.

I am sorry for all the slings and arrows that the Committee's hard work
seems to provoke.  Thank you Randy, and others, for your patient service to
the contesting community.

73,

/Bill, K2PO

Portland, OR