[CQ-Contest] level playing field and the 2 point "exception"

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Mon May 25 21:42:13 EDT 2015

You cant imagine how irritating it is to operate from SEAsia and see the
playing field tilted about 40% against us here.

I am looking for a computer logging program that will compute my MILES
WORKED based on qrz.com and other data.​

73, HS0ZCW

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Bob Kupps via CQ-Contest <
cq-contest at contesting.com> wrote:

> Dear CQ CC
>
> While I understand this rule attempts to level the playing field between
> NA and EU, it unfairly penalizes participants in the other 4 continents,
> all of which are at least as geographically expansive, if not far more so,
> than NA.
>
> If the committee retains this rule as is, at least have the sense of good
> sportsmanship to rank NA competitors separately, just as Asian competitors
> in the AA, EU competitors in the WAE and OC competitors in the OCDX
> contests are ranked separately and are not deemed "world champions" on the
> back of different rules determining their scores..
>
> Thanks and 73 Bob HS0ZIA

Charly, HS0ZCW