[CQ-Contest] I found my fav contest rules

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Mon May 25 22:42:12 EDT 2015

Those who designed the rules in the Stew Perry 160 meter contest are the
real contest champions.  In contrast the ARRL 160 meter contest, which
penalizes operators in the U.S. Territories by lumping them in with
W/VE, is a perfect example of unfairness. Imagine that every Pacific DX
entity counts the same as Hawaii and the have KP2 counting as KP5 and
KP2 counting the same as KP1.  The fact that this is an obvious
disparity has no impact on the chosen few inside HQ that refuse to
change this.  Once the ARRL gets into a rut on contest rules they
refused to get out of it.  Thier CAC is about as helpless as useless on
a boar hog. They must be "tasked" by a select cabal of HQ insiders
before they can even consider doing the right thing in correcting a well
known problem.  As a result stations in the U.S. Territories just refuse
to participate.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ