[CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed May 27 00:33:26 EDT 2015

On Tue,5/26/2015 6:48 PM, Felipe J. Hernández wrote:
> Please read well Ward's email.. I dont think that theres any formula to
> make everyone happy and I completely oppose the idea that not all contests
> are made for everyone in terms of propagation.

I made several specific suggestions that had NOTHING to do with
distance-based scoring. Why no response? One involved redefining what
constitutes a multiplier in ways that significantly reduce the disparity
between regions. No one in the contesting establishment wants to talk
about it because THEY lose part of their advantage.

I proposed a regional handicap system where each score is adjusted based
on how well the contesters in his region did compared to all regions. No
one in the contesting establishment wants to talk about this either,
because they lose another part of their contesting advantage.

73, Jim K9YC