[CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes

Barry w2up at comcast.net
Fri May 29 13:37:38 EDT 2015

Jim,

I don't know if you've ever lived on the east coast, but I have, for
most of my hamming career.  Now I reside in Colorado on about the same
longitude as N2IC in NM.

Even if you're louder being on a ridge, there's nothing you can do about:
1.  the opening to EU being 2+ hours shorter
2.  working Russia on 10m (and 15m as the sunspots decline) is very
difficult because UA sunset is about 30 minutes before CO/NM sunrise
3.  and so on

Barry W2UP