[CQ-Contest] SDR Mythbusters - ADC Overload myths debunked...

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Nov 6 16:56:59 EST 2015

Not nearly as unbiased, not nearly correct, as it purports to be. The
Noise Power Ratio Test  is especially problematic -- the level of the
test signal is not a constant, but is adjusted to depend on
characteristics of the radio being tested. Thus, SDRs with limited
dynamic range are tested at lower signal levels. The results cannot be
compared to other radios -- it's apples and oranges.

Truly objective engineers familiar with his work have blown huge holes
in it, and others have noted that he acts as a mouthpiece for ICOM.

I heard Adam speak and later had dinner with him a few months ago. Nice
guy, retired from the RF side of telco, but either biased or sees the
world through blinders.

73, Jim K9YC