[CQ-Contest] Contesting via remotes...

Lloyd Cabral kh6lc at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 6 17:09:10 EST 2015

We have to remember that remote HF stations have been around in one form
or another for quite a long time.    Early on the control, keying and audio was
accomplished via the twisted pair.      Later, VHF and UHF links became common.
In recent years remote hf stations have become so commonplace that we all work
many them in every contest whether we realize it or not.       I'm sure many of us
know stations that operate contests via remote on a regular basis.     As long as
the callsign used is appropriate for the transmitter/antenna location, there's no
legal or ethical requirement that they raise a flag and announce to the world that
they're operating via a remote.    It's all entirely legal whether we like it or not.
Until some contest sponsor decides they have a problem with remotes, lets turn
on our radios, work as many stations as we can (or care to) and continue to enjoy
this wonderful hobby, just like we always have.    Yes, the technology has changed.
Life goes on.     Try to be happy about it.
73,  Lloyd  KH6LC