[CQ-Contest] Leveling the playing field

RT Clay rt_clay at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 11 09:01:16 EST 2015

 A simple way to level the SS playing field between East and West would be to sometimes hold SS during the summer when there tends to be more short skip on the high bands. NAQP already does that with both January and August events.
TorN4OGW

     On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 4:28 PM, Steve London <n2icarrl at gmail.com> wrote:

 On 11/10/2015 11:38 AM, Ed Sawyer wrote:

> Oh and by the way, SS in the US is very unfair to North East US stations.
> It should have inverse mileage based scoring actually to level the playing
> field.  But there is negative growth in that contest so why beat a dead
> horse.

Sorry, but your statement does not match the facts. Phone SS
participation has been growing. CW SS participation is stable. If guys
like you would actually operate SS, instead of grousing about it being
"very unfair to North East US stations" it would grow even more. You
don't hear me grousing about CQWW being unfair from here in southwest
New Mexico, do you ? I just keep plugging away, and sometimes do pretty
well.

73,
Steve, N2IC