[CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Ranking

Yuri Blanarovich k3bu at optimum.net
Wed Nov 11 21:49:41 EST 2015

Just for the record.
Waaay back I was also not very happy with the scoring systems and
inequality and bias with major contests.
After I was told "to come up with better contest" - I did some
thinking, and tried to come up with THE CONTEST that is more fair, and I
named it after genius who gave us radio - Nikola Tesla.

See the historical web site   http://www.teslaradio.org/Tesla_cup.htm
and links on the bottom.

I tried to publicize it in Dayton, only to find posters to be torn down.
I tried to get YCCC, FRC, CQ Magazine, YU clubs to cosponsor or support
- naaaah!
It is amusing now to see all the speculations, while there it was, but
refused by the "authorities"

So here it is free for taking it, I am retiring from rentastations
contesting and spending time with grand kids.

Oh, and for WRTC I suggested category of "Suitcase Station" where
contestants will compete with own stations, all that fits in carry-on
suitcase. (No power limit, just weight of 60 lbs.) Challenge to design
and operate, real test of Boy and his radio. Qualifying runs done on
continents, winners go to big one.

73 and GL!

Yuri, K3BU, VE3BMV, VE1BY, etc.