[CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Ranking

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Nov 11 23:08:37 EST 2015

On Wed,11/11/2015 12:37 PM, W5GN wrote:
> If we are going to change scoring, I think working a QRP station should be
> worth 3 points TO THE RECEIVING STATION, not to the TRANSMITTING STATION, and 2 points for RECEIVING a LOW POWER station.

The rules designed by N6TR for Stew Perry allows 4X for working a QRP
station and 2X for a Low Power station. I think that's a very good
rule.  I work QRP in some contests, and the many of guys that hear me 1)
have worked on their RX antenna systems and 2) take extra time to pull
me out.  The station who's running QRP gets a 3X multiplier; for Low
Power, it's 1.5X. I think that's fair too -- if you're going to be
effective at QRP, you need to have worked on your TX antenna farm, AND
you've got to be a damn smart operator!

73, Jim K9YC