[CQ-Contest] Establishing a contest within a contest

Randy Thompson K5ZD k5zd at charter.net
Fri Nov 13 15:12:23 EST 2015

CQ zones divide the world into 40 arbitrary groupings.  Perhaps that is
close enough to get started.

Or you could use ITU zones.  That divides the world into 75 (?) zones.  The
cty files put out by AD1C include the ITU zone info for most calls.  Better?
Hard to say.

Or you could use the qrz.com API to get the grid for each call.  Maybe it
isn't 100% accurate for that call for that weekend, but it could be used to
test the hypothesis.

The real challenge here is motivation.  Someone has to do something to get
the ball rolling.

Randy, K5ZD