[CQ-Contest] We Are Not Alone

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Fri Nov 20 09:15:50 EST 2015

On 19/11/2015 22:45, K8MR via CQ-Contest wrote:

> Not alone as the only hobby/sport dealing with the question of how much technology is too much.

All competitive activities are affected this way.  New
technology is often questioned when it has the potential
to change the nature of a hobby/sport.

That's why full-body swimsuits are "too much" in
international competitive swimming, as are -

   Video relays in competitive bird-watching.
   Wing-suits in ski-jumping events.
   Mechanical propulsion in sailboat races.

However the normal rules don't apply to contesters.
We are special - as pioneers and leaders in advancing
and integrating communications technologies there
should be no limits to how we choose to contact one
another while contesting :-)

73,
Paul EI5DI