[CQ-Contest] Reducing Pain in Ears and Bum while Contesting

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Nov 24 02:29:12 EST 2015

On Mon,11/23/2015 7:44 AM, Richard Zalewski wrote:
> The Heil was a ear killer for me....switched to the Yamaha CM-500 and found
> real comfort.

I'm retired from a career in pro audio, so own at least a half dozen
different headphones. My favorites for CW and RTTY are CM500 and Sony
MDR-7506 -- I find them equally comfortable, they sound equally good.
For SSB, it's the CM500. It's not uncommon for me to put in 30+ hours in
a long contest.

For at least ten years, I've slept through the night wearing a pair of
MDR-7506 listening to jazz.

73, Jim K9YC