[CQ-Contest] Reducing Pain in Ears and Bum while Contesting

Randall K Martin rkmassoc at comcast.net
Wed Nov 25 10:02:10 EST 2015

A modification I use with the CM500 headphones is to make two loops of
rg8x that are slightly shorter in length than the circumference of the
plastic ear frames. I tape the ends together with electrical tape, but
heat shrink would probably work better. Or, you might come up with a
more suitable material for the loop.

Insert the loop between the frame and the pad. This gives an extra
quarter inch or so of space inside. My ears stick out enough so that the
standard CM500 puts pressure on my ear cartilage which eventually leads
to a lot of pain. I don't notice much increase in outside noise, if any,
with the added insert.

73 Randy K0EU