[CQ-Contest] When do we spot? Should it be required?

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Tue Oct 27 13:56:02 EDT 2015

Although I'm firmly of the opinion that if a rule doesn't make sense anymore it ought to be removed, the idea of run stations starting to throw out "please spot me" at the end of every nth exchange feels... distasteful to me.  (And I am an unabashed lover of assistance!)

Self spotting feels even more distasteful.

Perhaps before calling for such changes there ought to be an attempt by the Committee, clubs, and community to encourage greater use of the automatic spot on S&P feature?

Michael Adams | mda at n1en.org