[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB "Go away DX only"

Gary K9GS garyk9gs at wi.rr.com
Tue Oct 27 21:29:17 EDT 2015

This weekend I was listening to a pile-up that a CU station had going.
It was a pretty good sized pile-up.  I listened for at least 5 or 6 QSOs
and he never ID'd, not once.  One of the W guys he had just worked (same
voice I heard just work him) asked for his call-sign.  The CU just
unloaded on the  guy and got quite irate because the guy had the nerve
to ask him to ID.  The argument lasted a minute or so and the CU station
refused to ID.

I listened for another few minutes and then tuned away.  The CU station
never ID'd.  At this point I was hoping he would ID just so I could
count how long between ID's.  Never got the chance.

So how did I know he was in the Azores?  There were two spots in the
band-map from being spotted, one with the correct call ( I had worked
him the day before) and one busted spot.  I suspect it was the busted
spot that was causing the pile-up as this was on Sunday and he was
"fresh meat".  In the span of time I listened he probably worked 20
stations without IDing.

The CU station should be DQ'd not just for violating the ID rule but for
unsportsmanlike operating.