[CQ-Contest] When do we spot? Should it be required?

Chuck Milam, N9KY N9KY at arrl.net
Thu Oct 29 09:25:57 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Ed Sawyer <sawyered at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The encouragement of setting the software to automatically spot when
> logging Qs for those running assisted.

The key word here is "RUNNING."  Nothing worse than seeing someone with
"Spot all S&P QSOs" turned on when they are actually running a frequency
(Pro tip:  You should be in Run mode then.)  Dozens of mults that aren't
really there piled up in the band map on top of each other, so then I have
to block the spotter to keep the bandmap and the mult window clear.

--
Chuck Milam, N9KY
N9KY at arrl.net