[CQ-Contest] uniques and motivations

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:40:33 EDT 2015

Thanks for your interest in my logs.  They have some uniques.  I have
finally realized, after a lifetime of obeying the rules, that my contesting
career was not really in a honest contesting environment, but I did very
much enjoy those years past anyway.

Now that I see contesting from a location outside NA (and EU) they are, for
me here, not really contests.  Thus, I will continue to enjoy the
rough-and-tumble of the activity, but will not be concerned with scores,
log analysis, nor log reporting.

As said in movie APOCALYPSE NOW, I have "split from the program."
However, that means I have found a new way to have fun with these events,
and have noted that without them, the bands here would be just dead.  73 to
all,

Charly, HS0ZCW