[CQ-Contest] Uniques...actual numbers

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Tue Sep 8 08:37:23 EDT 2015

Gee whiz.  I hate rumors.

First, the only people with a U rate of 50% are people who make 2 QSOs and get one wrong.

Most U rates are very small (the vast majority are under 0.5%).  Yes, that is one half of 1%.

Please remember that Uniques which are cross-checked to the "valid" QSO become B or F calls.

Here are the results from a recent contest.  Column on the left is Unique "category."  That is
0.5% is for all entrants with 0.0% uniques to 0.5% uniques.  1.0% is for entrants with more
than 0.5% up to an including 1.0% uniques.

The number "to the right" is the number of calls fitting into that category.

I have not eliminated any U% category which did not have at least 1 "member."  I have
limited this to only entrants with at least 300 QSOs, although it doesn't change much when
everybody is included.

I hope this puts a damper on all of the wild speculation.

I sure hope this "displays" OK enough to read.

% Uniq 	AB_H_A
0.5%	 734
1.0% 	40
1.5% 	8