[CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Mon Apr 4 08:16:39 EDT 2016

 Sorry Luis, I do not support Rag's position.

The scoreboard is directly based on spotting information.  Therefore, information derived from it is (IMHO) assistance for the purposes of most contests that recognize this category.

While the use of this scoreboard & related tool is certainly fascinating, and can prove most interesting if used properly... it is still assistance.

And frankly, it troubles me on several levels that such efforts seem to be put into attempts to add technological assistance to those who are (allegedly) operating in categories or sub-categories of these contests, all to give them an "edge" over their peers in the same category, that may be on the wrong side of the line.  It makes me wonder if this is "pushing the envelope" or trying to justify less than ethical behavior.

Which is another debate for another time and another thread.

Suffice to say, I strongly suspect that if a contest sponsor or contest committee feels the same way, this will result in this type of thing also being part of that contest's definition of "assistance" or an "assisted" category.  Time will tell.

73, ron w3wn