[CQ-Contest] [Bulk] Re: cqcontest.net

V Sidarau vs_otw at rogers.com
Mon Apr 4 09:20:11 EDT 2016

As the dead horse appears to be still alive and kicking, let me repeat the
statement I used to make here in the list before, perhaps even not once.

The Assistance (or whatever you call it) is ...
Making use of any information gained without the operator's personal input
and which may affect the entrant's score.

- DX Cluster, DX Summit and the likes, RBN, E-Mail, telephone calls,
WWV/WCY, online real time score, chat rooms, all of these things match that.
- PC logging, PC keying, electronic bug, one's wife bringing coffee, a
radio's bandscope, they don't.

And BTW, if you know that ANY information you are about to use will improve
or at least affect your score (and you know that for sure, otherwise you
would not use it), why on Earth you don't want to enter as Assisted?
Assisted is good, Assisted use ever-advancing technologies, Assisted is
attractive for youngsters, so go ahead and use it! Just let the shrinking
group of other style's operators enjoy their outdated "A boy and his radio"
style and don't pretend that you belong to them.

73,

Vlad VE3IAE (contesting 70% as Assisted)