[CQ-Contest] ASSISTED vs UNASSISTED

George georgek5kg at aol.com
Fri Apr 8 23:39:01 EDT 2016

I certainly would NOT want Assisted and Non-Assisted categories to be
combined.  I want them to be separate categories so I can select which
ones I prefer for different types of contests.  For me, I prefer
Non-Assisted for SS and WPX, but want Assisted for DX contests.  Others
may want different choices.

73, George, K5KG

On 4/8/2016 10:00 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> According to CQWW's survey 54.5% of serious contesters worldwide did not
> want the categories combined. North American's felt even stronger about this
> with 71.5% wanting to keep assisted separate.
>
> John KK9A
>

> To:	"CQ-Contest MailList" <cq-contest at contesting.com>
> Subject:	[CQ-Contest] ASSISTED vs UNASSISTED
> From:	"JIM NEIGER" <n6tj at sbcglobal.net>
> Date:	Thu, 7 Apr 2016 18:56:11 -0700
>
> Assisted vs Unassisted participation was nicely summarized in the 2015 CQ WW
>
> SSB DX Contest results.   Unassisted comprised 59% of the Single Operator
> entrants, and 41% Assisted.
>
> Perhaps when those numbers are reversed, those wishing to deem all SO to be
> Assisted can make a more compelling argument??
>
> Vy 73
>
> Jim Neiger   N6TJ

George Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL