[CQ-Contest] GQP Half Time Report

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sun Apr 10 08:41:23 EDT 2016

Just a quick reminder that there is still time for fun in this year's
Georgia QSO Party.  We have a ten-hour session beginning at 1400Z (10 AM
EDT) and ending at 2400Z (8 PM) today.  Yesterday, despite some feared
car trouble and some real antenna problems, KU8E and I, operating as
W4AN/M with the driving assistance of Jeff's son, Andrew, made 857 QSOs
in 47 mults from 17 western and NW GA counties.  Today we will head out
to the NE GA counties.  We are missing VT, NV, WY, ID, ND, HI, and AK,
plus VO, VE1, VE4, VE5, VE6, VE7, VE8.VY1, VY0.
We have worked a lot of Europe and are hoping to give out some more new
counties to others, including EU today.  We have not been on 15M and
haven"t heard stations there when we listened.  If anyone asks us to go
to 15 and we aren't too busy, we may give it a try, but we will have to
change the resonator to do that.

Hope everyone will participaate today to the extent possible. Thanks and
73, John, K4BAI.