[CQ-Contest] Additional penalties

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:32:52 EDT 2016

I agree with Hans, K0HB. This is not about penalties for "inaccurate copying," it's about making a keyboard mistake typing in the info. This is not about "guessing." It's about g.d. getting on the air and handing out some QSOs as best you can, typing them in as accurately as you can, converting your log to Cabrillo, submitting it to the contest sponsor to let them know you appreciate the opportunity to have some fun on the radio.

So I type "3" instead of "4." So I do not get credit for the QSO. Fine, fair enough. A penalty is ridiculous. I agree with Hans.

Jim Cain K1TN/4